Books by Gale Weathers
The Stab films were all originally inspired by books by Gale Weathers. Some based on true events, others complete works of fiction. Below you'll find in formation on each of Gale's books.
"Wrongly Accused: The Maureen Prescott Murder" is Gale Weather's first book. The book is about how she thinks Sidney has wrongly accused Cotton Weary for the murder of Maureen Prescott, and tries to prove his innocence.
- It was mentioned in Scream.
- It is also revealed in Scream, that Sidney is not fond of the book.
- This book was never shown on screen, the cover is fan-made.
The Woodsboro Murders
Gale Weather's second book, "The Woodsboro Murders," is based on the events of the first Scream movie.
- It appears to have some false information, such as Dewey "oozing with inexperience" and Kenny's death being gutted by the infamous Ghostface.
- It is also mentioned in Scream 2, that the ending was different from what Sidney, Randy and Gale recalled.
- It was revealed that numerous characters from the Scream 2 had read the book, like Dewey, Randy, Joel and Debbie Salt.
- It played a big part in the final scenes of the Scream 3, when Dewey asked Gale to sign the book for her, she opens it to find an engagement ring.
Gale Weather's third book "College Terror" is based on the events that occurred in Scream 2.
- It is mentioned in Scream 3.
- Later, it was developed a movie known as Stab 2.
- It was actually seen in the bookstore sequence in Scream 4.
- The cover claims that the book is "now a major motion picture".
- The actual hardcover book under the dust jacket is actually called "The Gates of Heaven".
- It is mentioned that Gale won the Writer's Choice Award for the book.