Books by Gale Weathers
The Stab films were all originally inspired by books by Gale Weathers. Some based on true events, others complete works of fiction. Below you'll find in formation on each of Gale's books.
"Wrongly Accused: The Maureen Prescott Murder" is Gale Weather's first book. The book is about how Gale thinks Sidney has wrongly accused Cotton Weary for the murder of her mother, Maureen Prescott, and tries to prove his innocence.
- It was mentioned in Scream.
- It is also revealed in Scream, that Sidney is not fond of the book.
- This book was never shown on screen, UNTIL Scream VI! When we finally got our first look at the book in the Stab shrine!
The Woodsboro Murders
Gale Weather's second book, "The Woodsboro Murders," is based on the events of the first Scream movie.
- It appears to have some false information, such as Dewey "oozing with inexperience" and Kenny's death being gutted by the infamous Ghostface.
- It is also mentioned in Scream 2, that the ending was different from what Sidney, Randy and Gale recalled.
- It was revealed that numerous characters from the Scream 2 had read the book, like Dewey, Randy, Joel and Debbie Salt.
- It played a big part in the final scenes of the Scream 3, when Dewey asked Gale to sign the book for her, she opens it to find an engagement ring.